Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You are, organized, have a strong attention to detail and can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. As the Controller, you will put in place the systems, controls and processes that will help scale the Accounting function of a fast growing startup.
- Collaborate with outsourced accounting team to close the books monthly
- Hire and mentor Accounting staff that will support Loadsmarts future growth
- Own the accuracy of Financial Statements. Research accounting policies and ensure Financials are maintained according to GAAP
- Prepare internal management reporting as well as reporting for external parties
- Manage day to day banking, travel policy, invoice approvals, vendor negotiations and payments, wire approvals, and general oversight of operating accounts and credit card accounts
- Evaluate and oversee implementation of software tools to scale Accounting function
- Work with internal compliance team and external CPA firm to manage tax matters
- Help support budgeting and monthly Budget vs Actual variance analysis
- Drive process improvements and ensure appropriate internal controls
- Strong orientation toward systems, process improvement and task automation
- CPA desirable
- Flexible and energetic team player
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
More Jobs From