As a Contract Negotiator, you are responsible for negotiating and drafting contracts for our technology products and services, such as web-based platforms, data feeds and software being engaged in the dynamic area of client and vendor contracting.
You will work in a dynamic, employee-facing environment and will have the opportunity to apply and develop negotiation and drafting skills, work independently and be part of a team that provides crucial support to the organization.
What Youll Do:
- Negotiate and draft various contracts such as product licenses, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements, software licenses, and amendments, among others
- Liaise with internal and external clients in the contract negotiation process; ensure that business personnel comply with internal policies and procedures
- Navigate contracts database and other internal systems to obtain information on our contractual relationships
- Work with management to build efficiencies in the contracting process
- Participate in and/or lead projects, including due diligence activities and other special projects across the enterprise
What Youll Need:
- College degree and at least seven to ten years of contract negotiation experience specifically related to intellectual property, software, technology and other licensing contracts
- Data privacy knowledge preferable
- Prior paralegal or business/legal affairs department experience preferable
- Strong verbal/written communication and business writing abilities
- Ease with working independently but escalating issues as needed
- Self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Capacity to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Proven working knowledge of contracts, contract law, business law, and intellectual property matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills: people-oriented, supportive, and comfortable with frequent employee-facing interactions (email, virtual, phone, and in-person).
- Please Note: This position is limited to persons with an indefinite right to work in the United States