Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, fasterand most importantlymore accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now were funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- Weve funded over $35 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe its important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passionfrom employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is seeking a growth-oriented, highly strategic, and analytical content and SEO team lead. This team lead will lead all aspects of our content marketing strategy - you are the perfect mix of strategic and scrappy - you use research and insights to inform your ideas, but can also react to new concepts and quickly setup tests to successfully reach new and existing customers.
Youll be given a lot of responsibility early on: your ambition, ability to juggle multiple projects, and high attention to detail will be crucial to your success on this team. The ideal candidate has natural curiosity and a strong analytical mindset with a focus on outcomes and pushing things across the finish line. Its not about getting it right, but it is about putting process in place to know when something isnt working.
The ideal candidate knows a little bit about a number of marketing channels, but can go deep on content strategy and SEO. In this role you will be accountable for defining and owning our content strategy, SEO goals, and driving organic growth and conversion. To be successful this person will partner closely with internal creative teams to develop and create valuable content that drives results. In addition to content development this person will also work closely with product teams to ensure that we are meeting our top level business goals while advocating for the client.
This role has a unique opportunity to make a large impact across many areas of a fast growing start-up - success is contingent on deeply understanding client needs, being data curious, and leading with influence.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead our content strategy and vision focused on developing content that is SEO focused, relevant to our business, and valuable for refinancers, homebuyers, and real estate agents
- Translate complex processes and concepts into digestible, easy to understand content pieces that drive organic traffic as well as conversion among existing clients
- Use data to identify new content opportunities and areas for optimization
- Expand our content library to include other formats including: video, infographics, webinars, podcasts, calculators, and tools
- Partner with product marketing, product, and engineering to bring ambitious content ideas to fruition
- Ensure progress and tracking towards agreed priorities and OKRs
- Collaborate with the performance marketing team on paid acquisition campaigns and ensure content is optimized for SEO and user experience
- Communicate brand strategy and guidelines internally and with third parties to ensure adherence
- 5-7 years of experience in a marketing role
- Marketing experience in finance, lending, real estate, tax, or complex processes
- Experience growing and managing a team of functional experts
- Copywriting, editing, or journalism experience
- Deep understanding of of SEO and how to drive organic traffic in competitive industries
- Collaboration experience with product and engineering teams to create user experiences and messaging that resonates with prospective customers and drives action
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional environment to drive stakeholder alignment and scaled communications
How you work:
- Operate both at a strategic level, leading long-term planning, and at a tactical level, executing upon key deliverables on short timelines
- Highly-proactive, extremely organized, self-starter capable of effectively managing several projects at the same time
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Natural intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills to review data, interpret results, and turn insights into actionable and measurable strategies
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do whats in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itselfwe continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Better.com is committed to paying NYC HQ salary bands, for all employees, regardless of where they are located and does not adjust salaries based on cost of living location. Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- A $500 stipend to set up the WFH office of your dreams
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefitsincluding medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a persons merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.