Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Content Design Leaders at Facebook Inc. lead teams that craft simple, straightforward and human experiences by leveraging our expertise in user experience design, design thinking, product strategy and content. Come join our team to create and shape great, intuitive products and services used by billions of people around the world every day. Your team will be expected to design and deliver product flows, new features, in-product messaging, content frameworks, navigation, product naming and more across our platforms, including mobile and desktop. The Facebook Inc. Content Design team is one of the largest and most established in the world, and supports people at various stages in their careers.
- Independently manage a large and/or complex team that delivers on multiple projects or programs across regions or business groups.
- Build internal community (for example, drive inclusion, onboard new employees, and connect people on your team with new opportunities).
- Build a diverse and an inclusive environment across the team, model inclusive behaviors, and hold managers accountable.
- Coach team members to increase their impact, develop their strengths and grow their careers.
- Provide regular performance feedback, check-ins and reviews for people who report to you.
- Shape team strategy, identifying risks and prioritizing opportunities. Set clear expectations and goals for individuals and the team.
- Help to recruit highly talented people to join the content design team, and onboard cross-functionally.
- Make staffing decisions based on business priorities, both in the short term and long term. Propose solutions for future growth and scale within the team or organization.
- Take responsibility for the quality of the teams work. Coach and develop the team and managers, including any under-performing members.
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by clearly communicating and demonstrating the value of content design, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value.
- Mentor other managers, especially coaching first-time managers and managers new to Facebook Inc.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, using insights from the team to create a point of view.
- Understand how to influence stakeholders and leaders to implement the best ideas.