Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Communications manager to join its corporate media relations team. The team's mission is to communicate about our company and people and to engage press and other external stakeholders around key corporate issues. This person will support proactive and reactive communications across the People and Legal teams at the company and partner across many more.
In this role, you'll never tell the same story twice and you'll have the opportunity to shape and share the stories of our people, corporate culture and workforce policies that enable connections within the global community of people who use our products and services. In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to create and support proactive storytelling and campaigns around our corporate priorities as well as manage complex reactive communications and serve as a trusted partner to leadership across the company. Another key area of responsibility will be to develop a centralized storytelling strategy across the communications department and a process to manage and support press relationships across all verticals in the US. Keeping press informed about issues across the communications organization will be a key responsibility as will organizing regular press materials, roundtable discussions and briefings.
Candidates should be comfortable providing counsel to executives, working independently, escalating decisions promptly, and identifying both problems and solutions with minimal oversight. The ideal candidate excels at working collaboratively with high-level executives and colleagues alike and consistently delivers high-quality work even under severe time constraints.
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate, Internal, Strategic Response, People, Policy and Legal teams to shape and manage proactive and reactive communications related to our people policies, workforce decisions and legal matters with consistently strong judgement and execution.
- Build strong relationships and engage with press across all verticals and formats.
- Organize regular press briefings, media sessions and events, with little oversight or guidance.
- Help manage external Public Relations agencies.
- Prepare briefing materials, statements and other communications materials.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.