Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Communications Associate to drive media monitoring and analysis for strategic response communications and proactive public relations campaigns centered on Facebooks most pressing issues. This person will play a central role in monitoring news cycles for Facebook's most sensitive public communications.
The position requires a passion for Facebook consumer and developer tech products in general. Candidates should have a strong technical understanding of how Facebooks products work and the ability to quickly explain them. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial. A key part of the role will be tracking and monitoring press coverage, flagging stories of importance to relevant teams, tracking and monitoring social media, and providing background information to help reporters understand Facebooks policies, features, and positions on public policy issues.
This person should be highly organized, energetic, and detail-oriented. The ideal candidate will be able to work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal.This role will work in partnership with functions across the company to collaborate, and ensure issues are reported about accurately. They will provide support for internal project management, steward relationships with internal and external partners, and ensure responsible sharing of data to inform key research questions.
This role is on the strategic response team located in New York, New York.
- Read, analyze, and summarize media coverage of important policy-related Facebook issues
- Stay informed on news cycle domestically and internationally
- Work with our policy, legal, and leadership teams to build, understand and communicate corporate and product policies that support and protect our reputation
- Develop and pitch stories
- Support product launches, policy advocacy, and other announcements
- Partner internally with policy, legal, communications, and leadership teams to develop media strategies that protect our reputation
- Counsel cross-functional partners on communications considerations for product updates
- Provide media data that helps prepare spokespeople at events
More Jobs From