Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to help lead strategic communications for Facebook's News Partnerships team, and continue to help Facebook build strong relationships with our news partners. A key member of the Communications team, this individual will be responsible for proactive communications campaigns to reach a range of audiences and stakeholders, including industry press, media and tech influencers and third-party groups. This person will also be responsible for working on communications plans with our partners in the news industry, and the products we build to support their work on our platform.
The position requires a passion for the media industry and Facebook's products. Candidates should demonstrate an ability to build and lead scalable proactive communications programs, with tangible results. Excellent media and community relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial, in addition to strong relationships within the news publisher and journalist communities. A strong journalism background is preferred.
- Devise and execute communications campaigns to articulate and support Facebook's relationship with news partners
- Develop and train spokespeople, and manage speaking engagements for executives
- Build relationships with the media and engage with press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public as a Facebook spokesperson
- Manage a broad range of proactive and reactive projects across the communications team
- Work closely with external PR agencies to lead proactive and reactive PR campaigns, source speaking opportunities, and prep spokespeople
- Develop creative strategies to drive positive press coverage around products and partnerships overseas