Were reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
The DraftKings Corporate Communications team is growing rapidly and were looking for a smart and proactive communications associate in New York. This individual will play a crucial role as a communications generalist, assisting with day-to-day external media outreach and internal communications while delivering on team objectives.
What youll do as a Communications Associate:
- Begin building relationships with consumer, tech, and sports (traditional/fantasy/betting) reporters to garner a steady stream of media coverage.
- Develop and proofread creative content for multiple internal platforms.
- Partner with members of the communications team on various strategic projects and initiatives, as well as day-to-day operations.
- Gather data across general company, daily fantasy, and sportsbook to supplement and/or inform media relations efforts.
- Assist in development of internal and external presentation decks and performance recaps.
- Support administrative efforts including agendas, room bookings, conference call coordination, and note taking.
What skills you will use:
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills and a knowledge of sports and technology.
- 1-2 years of work experience and a degree in communications, media, or a related field is required for this role.
- Charismatic communicator with a passion for developing deep relationships with a range of media and influencers.
- An understanding of the national and international sports media circuit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Digital communications understanding and experience, including metrics analysis.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.