Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Brand Design Team is the heart and hand of how we express Instagram design internally and externally. We focus on three major areas: brand expression, internal design culture and storytelling. Our key outputs are the @design account, branded artifacts, signature spaces, and brand systems. We work cross-functionally between multiple teams as well as outside agencies and vendors. The Communications Designer will help us deliver on our mission by extending the brand expression system across digital, printed and environmental applications. The ideal candidate has the ability to execute in a variety of visual styles, can articulate design decisions and iterate quickly. The designer has the ability to work independently but is deeply collaborative with creative leads, art directors, and content designers. You'll need to be fluent in the fundamentals of design with a portfolio that showcases this expertise. You'll cover the design spectrumfrom quick, rough strategic ideation to polished final deliverableswe'll look for work that thinks big and gets attention, but also follows a conceptual thread down to the smallest details. Candidates should have broad experience working on a variety of projects with multiple partners and on tight timelines.
- Ideating visual concepts/themes/directions and refining design work based on creative direction
- Working cross-functionally and collaborating with internal and external team members
- Developing visual identity platforms, systems, typography, palette, illustration, iconography systems
- Keeping project timelines on track and showing process
- Clearly articulating design decisions to a variety of partners
- Collaborating with executive staff
- Developing branding glyphs, logos, identification marks, presentations, presentation templates, storyboards or animatics for motion graphics and video
- The ability to work on multiple projects on a high caliber level