Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks. By better matching supply and demand, we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. You are, organized, have a strong attention to detail and can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You will be a key member of the executive team and be responsible for planning, forecasting, financial reporting, budget reporting, financial modeling, human resources, corporate operations, and strategic decision support. You are ready, willing and able to build out a robust finance and accounting team to support Loadsmarts needs. You will report directly to our CEO.
We are looking for a CFO to drive financial and strategic leadership across our scaling business. This role will lead our existing Finance, Accounting, Legal, Compliance, IT, Business Intelligence and Human Resources teams. You will continue to build our Finance function to ensure we are developing a scalable approach to long-term planning. You will be an entrepreneurial leader and a mentor across Loadsmart, you are an important driver in bringing people together as we scale and grow.
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy, board communications, company culture and corporate development, utilizing your existing relationships and building new ones across the finance community
- Direct the company's strategic planning initiatives and help to build out strong practices around FP&A. Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on business strategy
- Build and mentor Finance and Accounting team and support scaling of the G&A department through the implementation of systems, processes, internal controls and policies
- Demonstrate strong Financial stewardship. Direct resource allocation, monitor company expenditures and help review and negotiate customer and vendor agreements
- Oversee internal and external Financial Reporting. Work with external CPA firm on tax and compliance matters. Set Accounting policy and ensure financials are in accordance with GAAP
- Help drive effective board meetings as well as manage communications with the BOD and current and potential investors
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow us to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions
- Provide support on various operational tasks including P&L and financial projections, pricing and valuation models and company presentations
- 8+ years of finance experience in a leadership position
- Previous experience in a startup company
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for building
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic start-up, and be effective resolving ambiguities
- High intellectual capacity, particularly in an analytical and strategic context
- Leader that will own the full spectrum of finance responsibilities
- You constantly question the status quo and believe there is always a way we can continuously improve
- Prior experience leading fundraising diligence efforts, ideally at a growth stage company
- Strong technical analytical skills
- Flexible, operationally focused CFO. A capable leader that will be a strong partner to the executive team and an excellent mentor and coach to a growing Accounting and Finance team
- CPA & MBA a plus
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.