Carrier Sales Representative
Who we are:
Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are:
You get deals done and see them through. You believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimaging a 700 billion dollar industry. Youre a team player hungry for more challenges.
Loadsmart is hiring a Carrier Sales Representative to work in our New York office. This position will work closely with the operations team seeking new carrier relationships through cold calling and nurturing built relationships.
- Establish relationships with the best motor carriers to provide outstanding service to our customers
- Negotiate fair rates and ensure loads are serviced on time
- Build strong partnerships with new and existing carrier partners through phone calls, email and in-person visits
- Assist Loadsmart in further building out the company's carrier network by targeting and growing untapped enterprise carriers
- Support motor carriers and drivers to use our online platform to communicate, book and track loads autonomously
- Provide carrier feedback to our engineering team to continuously improve our core technology for sourcing capacity and meet the needs of carriers and customers
- Ensure carriers are compliant with Loadsmart standards and communicate directly if they fall short of expectations
- Create solutions to operational problems
- 1-2 years work experience in Carrier Sales or Logistics
- Very strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter unafraid of asking questions to get the job done
- Strong business judgment and analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Willing to work in a highly entrepreneurial and teamwork oriented environment
- Results driven work ethic exemplified by prioritization and persistent follow ups to see projects through to the end
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.