Cantonese NLP Software Engineer
Humanizing Digital Experiences
Kasistos Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industrys most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent virtual assistants to their customers. KAI is open and extensible, and fluent in the language of banking and finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks and wealth management, financial institutions can deliver powerful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI, including DBS Bank, J.P. Morgan, Absa, Standard Chartered, TD Bank, and Manulife Bank among others. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, around the clock, across multiple channels, in different languages, and is optimized for performance, scalability, security, and compliance.
We are looking for a software engineer with native or near-native fluency in Cantonese. An ideal candidate will have experience in natural language processing (especially related to text classification and tagging), conversational agent systems, and internationalization, in addition to strong coding skills in Java. Experience with machine learning or artificial intelligence is a plus.
You should have the ability to work independently and collaboratively within a multicultural, creative, and deadline-driven team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow professionally within a fast-moving tech startup.
What You Need for This Position
- Native or near-native fluency in Cantonese
- Educational background in computer science or computational linguistics is a must (BS or MS)
- 2+ years experience using Java (or similar)
- 1+ years experience working within NLP technology preferred
- Coursework on or experience with machine learning, statistical language modeling, or computational linguistics a plus
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience or knowledge of artificial intelligence, speech recognition technologies or conversational agents a plus
Location New York City, Flatiron District
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. Kasisto is an equal opportunity employer.