Business Development Representative
Pivotal Software, Inc. combines platform, tools, and methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software and run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies and developers to give software development and IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity and creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Pivotal is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) with pre-sales exposure in any of the following industries: technology, solutions, technology advertising, marcomms, etc. and at least 1 year of experience. You will be responsible for generating and qualifying leads in Enterprise target accountsfor Pivotal's complete offering of great new products including Cloud Foundry, Big Data solutions, analytics, and more! You have a passion, general experience and knowledge of software solutions specifically in data and cloud technology.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and then clearly communicating the value proposition over email, phone and in-person communications campaigns
- Develop and execute territory account plans in coordination with local account executives and sales leadership; to achieve and exceed quota responsibility while tracking all efforts inSalesforce.com(SFDC)
- Support sales efforts by targeting and penetrating Enterprise Target Accounts utilizing outbound prospecting skills. In addition, you would work to qualify and nurture inbound inquiries to build quality sales pipeline.
- Develop positive relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners within identified territory both internally and externally
Required Skills / Experiences
- 1+ years of successful business development experience with focus on pre-sales activities, lead generation, and consulting or services experience.
- Successful track record of building pipeline and meeting or exceeding quota expectations.
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level clients, business and technical buyers, and key project partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include field Account Executives, Solutions Engineers, Marketing, Services, etc.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Pre-selling one or more of the following products a plus but not required: Cloud technologies, Analytics, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Communications software
- Experience working with tools such as DiscoverOrg, YesWare, Intercom, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Salesforce.com.
- Great teammate, self motivated and able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
- Self-starter or worked in a fluid (start-up) environment
- Bachelors degree
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.