Who we are:
Loadsmart is transforming the logistics industry by moving more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to optimize the movement of freight throughout North America. We design and build cutting edge tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning algorithms to connect cargo with trucks in a transformative instant booking model. By matching supply and demand better and faster than any other solution in the industry, we reduce miles, fuel, time and complexity for both shippers and motor carriers.
Who you are:
You believe in gamechanging innovation and youre excited to reimagine a $700 billion industry. You know how to train, develop and lead a successful sales team. You're decisive, driven and a true optimist. You challenge the status quo and roll up your sleeves to implement meaningful change. You relentlessly pursue your mission with a strong sense of urgency and you inspire your team to do the same.
Loadsmart is looking for a sharp, energetic Business Development Executive to join our rapidly growing team. Youll constantly innovate and identify new partnerships, new ways to reach existing markets, and new service offerings to better meet the needs of existing customers. Youll partner with the Sales leadership team to prioritize initiatives and develop a strategic business development plan. Youll project manage efficient execution of the plan, owning many of the initiatives directly and collaborating with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Legal and Finance on others.
- Build influential relationships with shippers, carriers, technology providers, logistics startups, and other potential partners.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Legal teams to evaluate partnership opportunities.
- Project manage strategic partner relationships end-to-end, from initial identification and scoping, to negotiations and execution, to maintenance and measurement (e.g. integrations, channel partnerships, etc).
- Work closely with Product to iterate on Loadsmarts strategy and priorities. Apply learnings from external stakeholder interaction to influence the development of new products, tools and features.
- Be an expert on the logistics industry and Loadsmart specifically: follow the latest industry news, attend events regularly, network consistently, understand logistics technology, and have a systematic approach to identifying market trends.
- Lead and initiate market research to stay on top of competitive landscape.
- Contribute to achievement of dynamic business development team goals.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Basic understanding of the industry, with the ability to become a subject matter expert.
- Strategic mindset with a history of developing impactful ideas.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction.
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on project goals, progress and results.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of professional and personal integrity.
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel.
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.