Back End Engineer
Who we are: Loadsmart aims to move more with less. We combine great people and innovative technology to more efficiently move freight throughout North America. Our focus is on designing and building the best tools for our team and our customers, using machine learning models to connect freight with trucks. We automate with algorithms and scale with integrations to better match supply and demand. In doing this we reduce wasted fuel and lost time, cutting out empty miles for motor carriers and providing cost savings and instant booking for shippers.
Who you are: You are curious to impact a 700 billion dollar industry of logistics. You take your impact seriously. You are passionate about building solutions that create sustainable, resilient, long-lasting value. You are a first-rate software engineer, with experience and a proven ability to think strategically, creatively, commercially, programmatically.
The role: We are looking for a Back-End Engineer to join us in obsessing about transformational technology as part of our Drayage Team in New York. You should have experience and a proven ability to use experimental ideas to develop new solutions, build new products, and create new concepts.
The Drayage Team: Our Drayage team began when Loadsmart developed a new product offering in the intermodal space of the logistics industry. We work with drayage operations and product teams to connect carriers to containers that need to be moved across the United States. Our engineers have a blend of front-end, back-end, and mobile development experience, bringing a diverse pool of new and innovative ideas to the company. The team works closely together to act on these ideas and maintain the internal infrastructure.
As a Back-End Engineer of the Drayage Team, you will have the chance to work with Python and Go. We build integrations with 3rd party services, REST APIs, and also internal systems (in Django) that support all our Drayage operations. Our deployment pipeline is built on top of AWS, using Kubernetes, with the help of Terraform and Atlantis.
- Collaborate with other back end engineers to maintain the infrastructure and APIs of our platform
- Own and support the design, deployment, and maintenance of systems critical to Loadsmarts database
- Exercise your intuitive ability for creative problem solving and contagious positive passion to solve challenging and exciting problems and inspire those around you
- Move seamlessly from high-altitude thinking to the tangible and practical as a productive member of a lean software development team
- Act quickly on new ideas with the guidance of the Squad Leader
- 1-2 years experience working with Python or Go
- Experience with testing your own development code and going through different steps to ensure it is accurate
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL)
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.