Cargo is redefining commerce and the passenger experience, and by the end of this year we will have more store-fronts than any other chain in the U.S. Were looking for an exceptional individual to join our finance team to help us solve challenging problems around accounting for inventory across thousands of stores and to operationally support our rapid growth. As a member of our finance team, youll have the opportunity to work on all parts of the finance and accounting functions, such as asset management, investor reporting, financial modeling, monthly close, AR/AP, and more. You will be working in a highly tech-driven finance department with data scientists and FinTech engineers to help us constantly optimize cashflow and profitability, and help our company move faster and faster every day.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes with our accountant/bookkeeper
- Support the tax filing process with our tax accounting firm
- Monitor and report on revenue recognition
- Initiate analyses of all accounting platforms, systems, and procedures
- Analyze, initiate, and implement best practices and procedures in the accounting process with our team
- Expense and reimbursement management
- Work with our brand partnerships and corporate development teams to track invoice payments and accelerate the A/R process
- Support operational teams in the A/P process to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Manage sales tax payments and registrations
- Cost tracking administration
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Help prepare reports on financial target vs actuals for biweekly leadership meetings
- A degree in Finance or equivalent experience
- A bias towards action and fast-paced environments
- Outstanding presentation, reporting, and communication skills
- Highly organized with exceptional follow through
- Proficient in spreadsheets and financial software applications
- Comfortability working with tech platforms and new tools
Nice to Haves
- At least 1 year of experience in an operational role
- Familiarity with SQL reporting systems
- Background in transfer pricing and international accounting and reporting processes
Perks & Benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Tons of snacks in the office at all times!
- A great culture of collaborative and engaging coworkers
Cargo is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Cargo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Were the leader in the creation of the passenger economy and changing the way people think about on-the-go retail. Whether its an energy drink to give you a boost, a granola bar to feed your hunger while on-the-move, or a charging cord to keep your mobile productivity going, we use a sophisticated operations process and easy-to-use technology to give rideshare riders what they need right when they need it.
For the rideshare drivers who have Cargo in their vehicles, our service is a great new way to increase their earnings during a time when every dollar counts. And best of all, Cargo costs drivers absolutely nothing! We handle the entire process of acquiring inventory, shipping products to drivers needing a restock, and processing purchase payments. Drivers simply put a Cargo box in their vehicle and watch their earnings grow.
More Jobs From