Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for an Associate Visual Designer to join our marketing team at Stash. This position will report to our Design Director and will be responsible for a broad range of work including advertising in digital, print, video, and everything in between. This hire will need to be ambitious and highly creativesomeone self-motivated with a strong work ethic looking to tell engaging brand stories. We need someone who possesses excellent attention to detail, exceptional organizational and time-management skills, a high level of interpersonal collaboration, and the ability to take direction and critical feedback with humility.
To apply, please send us your resume, portfolio, and your top five influences.
What You'll Do:
- Design for advertising across digital, print, and outdoor
- Create imagery for in-app messages and editorial content
- Work with video team on graphics and end cards for video content
- Translate direction from creative briefs into engaging and effective design and visual concepts
- Maintain high standards of design and visual aesthetic while working within the Stash brand guidelines
- Learn and adhere to direct response best practices
- Coordinate with teams on A / B testing to consistently improve results against business KPIs
- Work directly with the acquisition marketing team to brainstorm and produce performance assets across digital platforms
- Work on multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Rapidly iterate on concepts and executions
- Fight for the user
- Explore the unknown
What We're Looking For:
- 1-3 years of experience at an agency, in-house, or start-up environment
- A Bachelors degree in design, advertising, or art direction
- Outstanding foundation in the craft of design
- Expertise in appropriate software (Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Sketch, etc.)
- A media-diverse portfolio
- Excellent eye for composition
- Capable illustration skills
- Ability to animate
- Be a keen observer
- Polished production capabilities
- Ability to breakdown a strategy into crisp executions
- Good in a collaborative environment
- Able to take feedback with humility
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable
- A fascination with innovation and technology
- Solid understanding of digital tools and trends
- Excited about whats possible
- 3D ability
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From