Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
At Applecart, we live and die on the speed and quality at which we deploy new solutions to hard data problems - your work will directly affect our ability to optimize our client deliverables, service more clients, and do so in shorter and shorter periods of time. As an Associate Product Manager, you will aid our software engineering technical and product teams in triaging needs, gathering requirements from client-facing users and doing diligence ahead of development.
- Gather business requirements and create lightweight wireframes for various data products and tools
- Gather and organize feedback from users as well as internal stakeholders and synthesize into ideas for product improvements
- Facilitate software development initiatives, working with engineers, data scientists, and product managers and members of our client services team
- Write concise, practical user stories for engineers and analysts on your teams
- Lead product roll out efforts across technology, internal users, and client facing teams to create collateral including knowledge shares, demos, documentation, QA, etc.
- Track product metrics to measure success and identify ongoing improvements
- Conduct market research to best understand product fit and keep abreast of competitors
- Serve as a product expert for internal stakeholders with questions, feedback, or other needs
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business/Economics
- 1-3 years of experience at a tech company within product management, customer success or other relevant business or technical roles (especially at a startup)
- Ability to communicate effectively and act as a liaison between the business and technical teams
- A data-driven approach to solving problems; comfort with uncertainty when that data is missing
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership with a can-do attitude - always hungry to learn and improve
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Experience with programming languages (preferably Python, Django or Spark)
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with visualization tools such as Plotly, Tableau, Apache Superset or similar
- Experience with ad-tech, mar-tech or PR tech
- Experience with Asana and Confluence
- Clear track record of leadership in the challenges youve taken on throughout your life
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning
- Interest in politics, advocacy, quantitative social science or modern marketing techniques