Associate Product Manager
Applecart deploys proprietary technology to run smarter advertising campaigns. We work with some of the nation’s most prominent corporations, non-profit organizations, and political candidates to activate and communicate with key target audiences.
Our core offering, the Social Graph, uses human and artificial intelligence to leverage personal connections for our clients. The Social Graph maps over 4.5 billion relationships, and it’s growing every day.
We got our start in politics, where we have tested and refined our methods on countless campaigns, giving our clients a proven technological edge. Now, we’re branching out beyond political campaigns to tackle new advertising challenges, using relational data to provide decisive advantages for our clients.
We recently closed a $6 million funding round, led by global sports and entertainment leader Endeavor and other prominent tech investors including Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, Aspect Ventures, former Yelp SVP Michael Stoppelman and Infinite Computer Solutions founder Sanjay Govil.
The Applecart Product Team works at the intersection between the business and technology wings of the company. We are responsible for guiding the development of our core products to ensure that they meet the expectations of all the stakeholders, from the analysts in our office to the users in the field, to the highest level decision makers of the company.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will assist during the research and development of new data products and initiatives. You will aid technical and product teams in triaging needs, gathering requirements and doing diligence ahead of development. Your will help guide our priorities and plans for designing and building scalable data products across multiple teams. At Applecart, we live and die on the speed and quality at which we deploy new solutions to hard data problems - your work will directly affect our clients in the form of election outcomes, increasing political and non-profit fundraising yields and optimizing advertising spends and risk assessments.
- Gather business requirements and create lightweight wireframes for various data products and tools
- Research and prioritize data acquisition and enrichment opportunities, consolidating learnings into a scalable process
- Conduct diligence on and manage relationships with key partners
- Facilitate software development initiatives, working with engineers, data scientists, and product managers
- Write concise, practicable user stories for engineers and analysts on your teams
- Lead product roll out efforts across technology, internal users, and client facing teams to create collateral including knowledge shares, demos, documentation, QA, etc.
- Track product metrics to measure success and identify ongoing improvements
- Gather and organize feedback from users as well as internal stakeholders and synthesize into ideas for product improvements
- Conduct market research to best understand product fit and keep abreast of competitors
- Serve as a product expert for internal stakeholders with questions, feedback, or other needs
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Business/Economics
- 1+ year of experience at a tech company within product management, customer success or other relevant business or technical roles (especially at a startup)
- Ability to communicate effectively and act as the liaison between the business and technical teams
- A data-driven approach to solving problems but a comfort with uncertainty when that data is missing
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership with a can-do attitude - always hungry to learn and improve
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Strong Proficiency in SQL, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning
- Experience with programming languages (preferably Python or R)
- Experience with visualization tools such as Plotly, Tableau, Apache Superset or similar
- Experience with ad-tech
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Clear track record of leadership in the challenges you take on throughout your life