Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business. Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing factual, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience.
In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2020 and beyond will be to continue to attract and retain subscribers, while providing the premium customer experience that is a hallmark of the Bloomberg brand.
The Associate Operations Manager will play a key role in identifying and executing on innovative technology solutions to solve the business challenges facing Bloomberg's fast-growing Customer Operations Team. You will become a subject matter expert in our tools ecosystem - understanding how they work, the user experience of those tools and the data flows between them. You will work across the full process of developing our new technology programs from gathering and documenting business and technical requirements, to working on solution design, implementing the solution, change management, then QA and analysis of resulting impact. You have strong collaboration skills, can connect the dots between business needs and technology solutions, and are passionate about process optimization and new technologies. You will report to the Head of Digital Operations & Customer Support, partnering closely with business systems and engineering teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Become a subject matter expert in system behaviors, technology, dependencies and impacts across our vast CS tools ecosystem (e.g. Salesforce)
- Develop mutually-beneficial working relationships with various partners and stakeholders, including: vendors, internal product & engineering teams, and all members of the Customer Support team. You'll make sure that roadmaps on both sides are prioritized appropriately, and that all teams are in lock step with one another
- Facilitate cross-functional requirements gathering and scoping for global, large-scale projects
- Propose optimal technology and process improvements through automation and redesign
- Create and maintain Product/Functional requirements documents, and ensuring execution/adherence to project goals and timelines
- Manage the Quality Assurance testing process for system changes
- Provide seamless change management for projects and programs
- Measure productivity impacts and improvements for the Customer Support team and Bloomberg
- Lead cross functional discovery and scoping sessions to bring structure and life to organizational objectives, defining and refining strategy, goals, plans, and deliverables.
- Create project plans (scope, schedule, budget) and manage the project team's execution. Identify project stakeholders, gaining team-wide buy-in, and managing expectations through the project lifecycle. Partner with cross-functional project leads/managers to coordinate planning and manage dependencies.
- Manage project issues/risks, facilitate escalations when needed to senior management, publish regular project status, own other project communications
- Run project meetings, represent the project team in broader cross-functional/senior management meetings when needed
- Ensure launch readiness coordinate post-launch monitoring, be a trusted advisor/expert for the project management team, contribute actively to improving project management practices
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree required; major in a technical field preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing complex programs within related industry settings, ideally in Services-oriented systems
- Extensive experience documenting cross-functional business and technical requirements in a consolidated matterready for project execution
- Can-do attitude towards understanding and decrypting a complicated systems landscape, while understanding system dependencies and upstream/downstream impacts of an implemented change
- Willingness to take on big challenges and own the results from brainstorming solutions to execution and assessing outcome
- A keen eye for prioritization and continuous optimization. The ability to discern the urgency and importance of work, while seeking out creative ways to leverage the full potential of our existing tools
Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across functions including product, marketing, analytics, engineering
Does this sound like you?
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From