Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our Strategic Response Legal (SR-L) team is seeking an Associate General Counsel. SR-L supports Facebooks global legal team and cross-functional partners in responding to high profile, complex and often time-sensitive challenges. This small and nimble team seeks an agile lawyer to lead strategic response efforts focusing on North America, but able to pitch in globally. In this role, you will focus on driving coordination and strategic decision-making on critical issues, under intense public scrutiny and logistical pressure. You will provide timely, clear-eyed, actionable advice to Facebooks leadership and key functions across the business (including Communications, Policy, Product, and the broader Strategic Response program). You will bring a global perspective to truly unprecedented matters on the leading edge of technology law as a part of Facebooks world class in-house team.
- Lead and coordinate among legal and cross-functional stakeholders around the globe to respond quickly to unexpected internal and external events requiring legal support.
- Manage strategic elements of longer-term legal initiatives involving multiple specialties and jurisdictions.
- Quickly get to grips with multi-faceted legal problems and distill and synthesize advice from a range of subject matter experts for leadership and non-legal audiences.
- Build strong working relationships with legal leadership team, along with policy and comms teams.
- Proactively identify and mitigate legal risks and facilitate escalation and decision-making.