Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
We are looking for an Associate Copywriter to join our marketing team at Stash. This position will report to our Director, Brand Strategy and will be responsible for a broad range of work including digital, video, outdoor, and everything in between. This hire will need to be ambitious and highly creativesomeone self-motivated with a strong work ethic looking to tell engaging brand stories. We need someone who possesses excellent attention to detail, exceptional organizational and time-management skills, a high level of interpersonal collaboration, and the ability to take direction and critical feedback with humility.
To apply, please send us your resume, portfolio, a link to your favorite advertisement, and a one-sentence cover letter that doesnt include the word I.
What You'll Do:
- Write taglines, ads, print, digital, outdoor, in-apps, radio spots, scripts, marketing communications, and more
- Participate in strategic brainstorm meetings and collaborate with marketing team to align copy to our positioning and value proposition
- Interact with marketing team to understand business objectives
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control
- Learn and adhere to direct response best practices
- Coordinate with teams on A / B testing to consistently improve results against business KPIs
- Work directly with the acquisition marketing team to brainstorm and produce performance assets across digital platforms
- Work on multiple project work streams simultaneously
- Rapidly iterate on concepts and executions
- Fight for the user
- Explore the unknown
What We're Looking For:
- 1-3 years of experience at an agency, in-house, or start-up environment
- A strong, media-diverse portfolio
- Experience creating ad campaigns
- Ability to assume any voice
- Be a keen observer
- Highly capable of telling engaging stories
- Strong research & content editing capabilities
- Ability to break down a strategy into coherent, crisp messaging
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Able to take feedback with humility
- A self-starter, proactive, punctual, dependable
- A fascination with innovation and technology
- Solid understanding of digital tools and trends
- Excited about whats possible
- Know how to work in a compliance environment
- Understanding of the financial world and all its jargon
- Ability to use data to improve
- Creative agency experience
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 Most Innovative Fintech Companies (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to Work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies to Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From