We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is continually entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across regions globally with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
The Studio is seeking a self-starting, hands-on, sophisticated conceptual art director who will bring original ideas and a fresh, stylish approach to each project. You see creative opportunity, develop ideas fast and take ownership of projects, driving them from start to finish.
We'll will trust you to:
- Bring a strong sense of design with excellent skills in graphic design, typography, photography and motion graphics
- Be a 360-degree coordinated thinker who is able to build and roll-out multi-channel campaigns in partnership with copywriting resources and other art directors globally
- Develop the design and art direction of large-scale branding efforts and cohesive campaigns. Often bringing ideas to life in varied and relevant forms: design vs. copy vs. image vs. motion.
- Work within a defined but dynamic visual/brand system
- Have some environmental design experience
- Partner with printers, developers and animators, seeing complicated jobs through production
- Move fluidly across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Make design decisions in real-time to drive progress
- Work seamlessly in a global organization, often across time zones
- Have knowledge and experience in production design with the ability to build and submit mechanical files for both print & digital and liaise with production vendors
- Work closely with production designers to provide design feedback
You'll need to have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates extraordinary creative work
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role within a company or agency
- Strong operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in video: building storyboards, collaborating with motion designers, speaking to audio and sound design
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other creatives, as well as members of the marketing management team
- BA/BS degree required. Candidates with a degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, - Visual, Fine or Commercial Arts, Art Design or related field preferred
We'd love to see:
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to receive and interpret complex or undefined creative briefs, present ideas creatively and effectively to high-level partners.
- Creative experience in the tech and financial industry space.
- An easy-going attitude, calm under pressure and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- After Effects knowledge.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From