Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Research Scientist to join Facebook AI Research, a research organization focused on making significant progress in AI. Individuals in this role are expected to be recognized experts in identified research areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, artificial intelligence law and policy, and artificial intelligence ethics particularly including areas such as fairness, safety, privacy and transparency in artificial intelligence and data. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in producing new science to understand intelligence and technology and how to apply it safely and fairly in real world settings. The ideal candidate will also be a thought-leader in the AI ethics, law and policy and engage with teams around the company to help develop their own technologies, practices and processes in the space.
- Perform research to advance the science, technology, and understanding of ethical intelligent machines.
- Work towards long-term ambitious research goals, while identifying intermediate milestones
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development
- Engage with product, legal and policy teams to help them develop informed approaches to AI ethics
More Jobs From