Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Data InSights Architect
The Application Architect is recognized by the project team and customer as a technical expert for the application. The role is responsible for defining the applications required to operationalize the business imperatives, along with defining how the components of all the applications relate to each other, and how they will support the business need.
- Defines the applications required to operationalize the business imperatives, and how the components of each applications relate to each other
- Works across the Architecture teams to ensure the application components align with the application architecture and meet application performance goals
- Identifies and addresses application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Identifies cross-capability and cross-release issues that affect the business architecture integrity.
- Transforms customer requirements into user and application requirements
- Performs design and code reviews
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with technical emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform
- Experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Preferred experience in HTML, ASP, and XML preferred
- Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Familiarity with insurance products, rules and methodologies desirable
- Familiarity with merge fields for Microsoft Word and Adobe.
- Travel: 50-75%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.