Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
- Be an invited guest to dinner - Everything we do is in the service of the customer.
- Be a (home) owner - If we see a problem, we address it head on without assuming someone else will do it.
- Break new ground - We challenge conventional wisdom to create clever solutions and break down the walls.
- Foster greatness - We grow and inspire the team around us to constantly make Ribbon better.
- Engage with intellectual humility - We become our best selves through rigorous debate and adjusting opinions based on new information.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- You will be the first Android Engineer at Ribbon which is a huge opportunity to build out a world-class mobile app from scratch
- Build and shape our mobile/Android apps which will become our key customer experience
- Work with world-class engineers to build a massively impactful product
- Build or choose the tools that will help us iterate very quickly on product
- Understand customers to figure out what we should be building and how we should build it
What we're looking for:
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what were building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
- Mobile expert - You should be an expert at Android development and lead the technological decisions and client architecture. We expect you to lay the groundwork for future mobile development by other engineers.
- Excellent judgment - Were an early stage start up and need to move fast, but home transactions are high stakes and we need to be compliant. We need you to understand when to move faster and when to take the time to get it right.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing good code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you know what perfect means and how to get there when we need to.
- Built world-class Android apps in Java/Kotlin
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
- Understand and focused on building high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Knowledge of mobile release and test engineering best-practices
- Knowing when to build in-house vs using a 3rd-party library
- Bonus points for experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Understand security pitfalls in mobile applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
Interested? Read more about our engineering culture here!
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.
More Jobs From