Who We Are:
Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Woman to Watch in 2020 by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 140 employees in 10 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Berlin and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 12,500+ brands across 53 categories, 300,000+ retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1.5B in gross merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month. Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Dover Street Market. Leading men's and women's brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, youll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
Who You Are:
Were looking for an experienced Analytics Engineer whos excited to join the growing data and analytics team at JOOR. This person will help build the data platform and solutions necessary to level-up our analytics capability, effectively surfacing insights to internal users and clients. Youll work closely with members of the tech team and stakeholders across the business to deliver highly impactful solutions.
As we digitize the world of wholesale were collecting a unique and valuable dataset of purchases that is available to us months before others. Our data infrastructure consists of a practical set of modern technologies including Alooma, Airflow, BigQuery, dbt, and Periscope.
What You'll Do:
- Populate the data warehouse with high quality, actionable data
- Work closely with business stakeholders and other members of the analytics team to deliver analytic tools including dashboards, reports, and other data products that enable them to self-serve
- Build, configure, and maintain high quality data infrastructure in conjunction with the larger tech team
- Collaborate with other members of the analytics team to continuously improve our processes, ensuring data accessibility, quality, and maintainability
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline
- 3+ years working in a data analyst or analytics engineer role
- Experience working in an analytics engineering adjacent role (i.e. data analyst, data engineer, or data scientist)
- Proficiency in writing high quality, performant SQL against complex data sources. Familiarity with dimensional data modeling concepts
- Experience with at least one BI platform like Periscope, Looker, or Tableau
- Experience with a scripting or statistical programming language (i.e. R or Python), the command line, and git
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Curious, inquisitive, and driven, yet humble
- JOOR will not sponsor applicants for work visas
What We Offer:
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Philadelphia.
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Need a break? Flexible My Time policy - We want you at your best!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the companys performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.