Analyst, Internal Controls & SOX Compliance
In this position, you'll be responsible for activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance including the performance and documentation of design and operating effectiveness testing, and the maintenance of risk matrices and process flow diagrams. In addition, you will drive the planning and execution of special purpose projects related to process and system improvements, and ensuring they are SOX compliant. You are a fit if you have experience with SOX and internal controls, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, have extraordinary communication skills, and possess an eagerness to collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce results.
- Perform annual risk assessment and update Company risk matrices.
- Assess design and operating effectiveness of controls to ensure they mitigate identified risks.
- Maintain and update internal control documentation including process flow diagrams, narratives, and design and operating effectiveness testing.
- Monitor remediation of control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Identify gaps or limitations within our financial systems, and work with senior leaders and global teams to develop and implement project plans that will resolve these issues
- Drive project plans including tracking and communicating progress of projects, adhering to deadlines, and ensuring projects are SOX compliant.
Your Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting (CPA Preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience (Public Accounting Preferred)
- Good working knowledge of US GAAP, COSO and SOX
- Ability to build solid relationships with senior leaders, global cross-functional teams, and external consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Working experience in project management is a plus
- Experience in information technology and enterprise systems is a plus
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- 3 year anniversary travel bonus
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.