At Bloomberg, we are passionate about hiring dynamic and innovative individuals to build out our rapidly growing business. We operate in a high pressure, fast paced environment, and are dedicated to hiring the best people for our teams.
What's the role?
We are seeking an Americas Head of Entry Level Recruitment to lead an outstanding diverse recruiting team responsible for all recruitment activities for our Financial Products, Global Data, Bloomberg Customer Support and all our Early Engagement programs. As a Regional Leader you'll be responsible for leading a team of recruiters and coordinators for the Americas based in our New York and Princeton Offices. We'll trust you to use your creative ideas, curiosity and market knowledge to set and execute innovative recruiting strategies and processes culminating in a competitive and extraordinary candidate experience for some of our most important talent at Bloomberg.
On a day to day basis you'll be a player-coach role, developing our team of outstanding recruiters to deliver against aggressive targets whom you will inspire with confidence in your vision and plan. You'll build phenomenal advisory relationships with our key business leaders - on a Global and Regional level - to develop a deep understanding of their objectives, products, people, and challenges, in order to attract and present the best skilled candidates. You'll engage across industries and external networks, stay relevant and adjust strategies in an ever-changing environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Challenge the status quo to develop and drive proactive entry level recruitment strategies for future business needs
- Lead the full life-cycle recruitment process; partner with hiring managers, alongside your recruitment team, to workforce plan and actively recruit top talent
- Operate as a playercoach within the recruiting team, helping them navigate critical business challenges and opportunities, ensuring its delivery to the business
- Engage and retain top talent within your own team. Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Influence the Global Recruiting Partners to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with the Business Partners, Diversity & Inclusion, Talent Development and Recruiting Operations
- Engage in workforce planning, HR business planning and forecasting as well as establish and track retention metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of hiring processes and approach
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
- Lead on global initiatives, collaborating with your global counterparts in the regions
- Leverage data to improve our systems and processes as well as our recruitment strategy
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance recruitment strategy
- Refine and increase the quality of search delivery, stay abreast of market trends affecting our businesses as well as employment trends
- Manage a budget across campus spend, events, sponsorships and marketing
Ensure a smooth, smart, innovative and engaging recruiting process to establish an outstanding candidate experience
Who you are:
You are an organized, energetic, creative, and collaborative individual with solid leadership experience who believes that talent is critical to the success of the business. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment, are curious and have the vision to develop creative strategies to attract and hire the best talent.
You'll need to have:
- Hands-on recruiting experience, either as a direct recruiter or as an active business representative
- Management experience with a successful track record of working independently as well as inspiring and influencing your team or peers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting required deadlines
- Critical thinking with the ability to execute on global assignments and make decisions independently with limited information
- Exceptional relationship management and commercial acumen with a consultative approach
- The ability to influence within a matrix organization with changing demands
- Experience leading with data analysis, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment, remain calm under urgency, and have a flexible approach
- Outstanding people skills, developed through experience in client-facing roles or customer service and support
- Able to split time between our New York and Princeton, New Jersey Offices; to be present with the Americas team across both locations
- Flexibility to travel to support your team whilst on campus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match - we'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
More Jobs From