We believe people are at the heart of software. We believe that by encouraging an environment where people are respected, we can help teams realize their potential and deliver great products to our clients. The Ticker Plant Agilists Group at Bloomberg is a team committed to these values. This is who we are. If it's who you are, read on to learn more about our exciting opportunity.
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, and the Ticker Plant is at the core. Our systems process over 80 billion events a day - gathered from around the world on every financial instrument - publishing these in real-time while servicing over 30 billion client queries daily from our cutting-edge time-series database.
As an Agilist working in Ticker Plant, you'll work closely with multiple teams helping them be agile, not just do Agile. You'll leverage Systems Thinking as you help teams refine their process, product, and relationships. You'll use Design Thinking to coach Product Owners to build the right thing, not just build it the right way. As an Agilist, your greatest assets will be your empathy, your ability to create psychologically safe spaces, communicate and influence people across the organization towards continuous learning and respect.
We'll trust you to
- Serve as Agilist to multiple teams (2-4)
- Facilitate various Agile Ceremonies, such as but not limited to: Daily Stand-up, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and Sprint Demo
- Act as a coach and mentor to members of the development team, as well as product owners and senior management
- Coordinate cross-team collaboration and dependency management
- Partner with other Agilists to create psychologically safe spaces and continued improvement in implementing and evolving agility throughout our organization.
- Create positive relationships with stakeholders, including management, Product and CTO
- Grow the practices, environment, relationships and mindsets of the teams and leaders you work with
- Be a T-shaped individual who is passionate about the teams' success by contributing wherever you can
You need to have
- 3-5 years of extensive multiple team scrum master experience
- Experience introducing Agile/Scrum/Kanban to both new and existing teams
- Significant experience in facilitation, guiding groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions
- Strong active listening skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences, including developers, team leads, and senior managers.
- A deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles, from mindset and values to practices and tools
- Demonstrable self-growth in Agile, Lean and coaching skills
- An extensive track record of success in working with development teams, managers and senior leaders as they transitioned to improved ways of working
- Relevant Agile certifications (ex. CSM/A-CSM, PSM)
- Bachelor's degree in a technology field, or relevant experience
We'd love to see:
- Track record of coaching Product Owners
- Understanding of global optimization and scaling, and a familiarity with scaling techniques and frameworks.
- One or more of the following certifications: CSP, SAFe, LeSS
- The ability to impart one's experience, knowledge and guidance to help grow others in the same or similar domains
- Experience applying Design Thinking principles
- Experience applying Systems Thinkings principles
- Experience in Product Management/Business Analysis
- Expertise in one or more of: Agile software engineering practices, Organizational change, or Value-driven Business and Product strategies and techniques
If this resonates with you, we'd love to hear from you.
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are the central nervous system of global finance.
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people and ideas accurately delivering business and financial information, news and insights to customers around the world.
More Jobs From