WHO WE ARE
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
Thrasio is looking for an experienced, hands-on Accounting Manager with strong experience in consolidations and reporting to undertake aspects of accounting management for US and international operations, monthly close, as well as development and enforcement of internal control policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be experienced in fast growing companies to build systems and processes. This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-growing ecommerce organization with global operations.
- Manage an accounting staff of +4, report to Corporate Controller
- Oversee periodic financial reporting, including review of complex accounting reconciliations (e.g. GR|IR; Inter-company; Inventory Valuation, CTA, etc)
- Oversee development and documentation of Accounting Procedure Manual and ensure policies comply
- Ensure accurate reporting of financials for US and International operations in compliance with applicable accounting and regulatory requirements and within targeted deadlines
- Support, maintain and improve internal ERP system policies and procedures.
- Partner with AP manager, Inventory/COGS manager and Tax manager where necessary on inventory/COGS accounting/payable/VA/Sales Tax matters
- Collaborate across assorted business functions (FP&A, Supply Chain, M&A, Marketing, Operations)
- Key member of the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team
- Assist with budgets, forecasting, resource management, and KPI monitoring to help drive the business forward
- Initiate and lead special projects to facilitate the effective functioning of the Finance Department
What you bring to the party
- 5+ years of public and private accounting experience; Big 4 is preferred
- 5+ years of experience of supervisory responsibilities
- Individual of high integrity and work ethics, self-starter, hands-on doer (not just planner and delegator) collaborative, excellent communicator, and upbeat work style preferred
- Ecommerce or manufacturing related experience is preferred
- Ability to lead, thrive, adapt, and multi-task in a fast-paced business environment
- Strong technical accounting skills in US GAAP, Inventory Management, with a basic understanding of IFRS highly desirable
- Intermediate to advanced applications software experience using Microsoft Excel and ERP systems (e.g., NetSuite)
- Experience in International Accounting, Foreign Currency, and Consolidations.
- Experience in an inventory-based consumer products company; understand COGS, GR/IR or has exposure to it
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and/or Master of Science in Accounting, CPA a plus
- High attention to details with excellent organizational skills and ability to take charge, set objectives, and drive to results
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.