Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Accounting Manager to help manage and support our Accounting department. The ideal candidate has excellent business acumen, proficiency in managing and analyzing big data, and is skilled in utilizing financial systems and tools to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of processes. The role will have access to accounting and finance leadership, use cutting-edge technology to automate and operate accounting processes, and be hands-on in the development and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. The candidate must be able to manage the monthly close as well as to drive projects to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes which result in greater transparency and understanding of financial information to drive data-driven analysis and decisions. The ideal candidate is an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking to lead and develop an accounting team.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Manage and develop a team of Staff and Senior Accountants (3-5 direct reports)
- Oversee the month-end close process including review of journal entries, trial balances and account reconciliations
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting, including reporting on variances versus prior periods and budgets
- Develop, document, and implement policies, standard operating procedures, and guidelines to ensure auditability and compliance with U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Manage the accounting process across numerous workstreams including, but not limited to: Accounts Payable, Accruals, Fixed Assets, COGS/Inventory, Lease accounting, Prepaid and Other Assets, Payroll and Benefits, and Intercompany transactions
- Assist with the internal and external audit process
- Identify and implement opportunities for efficiency, automation, and optimization
- Partake in other projects as assigned including participation in special projects, ERP & other system implementations/enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Facility Operations, Human Resources, and Supply Chain Operations
- BS in Accounting, active CPA, or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- Robust knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 5-7 years of relevant industry experience in accounting or finance; experience working at a public accounting firm preferred
- Experience working in a complex ERP system; NetSuite is preferred
- Experience with ASC 842 Accounting for Leases
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable with big data)
- Strong systems orientation with a desire to drive process automation, using financial systems and tools
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.