Bowery Farming, the Modern Farming Company, was founded in 2015 with the belief that technology and human ingenuity can grow better food for a better future. Propelled by its proprietary software system, the BoweryOS, Bowery builds smart indoor vertical farms that deliver a wide variety of Protected Produce in little time, near cities they serve, for a truly local approach. Bowerys farms are growing the next generation of vibrant and flavorful produce. Theyre 100 times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture, and grow traceable pesticide-free produce the purest, best expression of what produce is meant to be with a fraction of the water and land.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager will help to manage the general ledger and AP/AR functions at Bowery. This hire will be responsible for performing account reconciliations, assisting with implementing systems and policies, supporting financial reporting, and partnering with business stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
The Finance & Accounting Team is deeply ingrained in all the functional areas of Bowery and partners heavily with leaders across the company. The Accounting team is forward-looking and proactive as we not only measure outcomes but drive solutions that improve the overall operation of the company. We seek to build a best-in-class team of financial professionals to support accounting and controllership at the highest level of precision.
What You'll Do:
- Perform general ledger tasks and account reconciliations
- Manage the day to day workflows of the accounts payable and accounts receivables functions
- Contribute to the month-end close process; reduce days to complete, improve transparency and controls
- Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analyses
- Participate in the annual financial audit with external auditors, including preparation and review of schedules
- Participate in the development and implementation of accounting systems, policies and processes
- Collaborate with FP&A to understand and explain budget vs. actual variances
- Provide technical accounting assistance for special projects
- Participate in ad-hoc accounting and finance projects
Who You Are:
- You are an experienced Accountant with advanced Excel skills
- You are a results-oriented individual with a strong sense of urgency
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented
- You have the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are:
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!
The largest vertical farming company in the U.S., Bowerys produce is available in almost 800 grocery stores and via e-commerce platforms serving the Tri-state and Mid-Atlantic region, including Amazon Fresh, Albertsons, Giant Food, Hungryroot, Walmart, Weis, Whole Foods Market, and specialty grocers. Based in New York City, Bowery has raised more than $172.5 million from leading investors, including Temasek and GV (formerly Google Ventures), General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Henry Kravis, Jeff Wilke, and Dara Khosrowshahi, as well as some of the foremost thought leaders in food, including Tom Colicchio, Jos Andres, and David Barber of Blue Hill.