Account Executive (New York)
TripAdvisor is seeking an Account Executive to join a very motivated team that manages and develops our Key Account Hotel partnerships in America.
TripAdvisor, the worlds largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 730 million reviews and opinions covering the worlds largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprised of 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. TripAdvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the worlds largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
What You'll Do:
- Reporting to the regional Head of Sales, you will work to build a clear strategy to grow your book of business across multiple commercial products (Display, Meta-Search, Business Advantage and Sponsored Placements)
- With the goal to develop new business, you will execute on the strategy by building a strong sales pipeline, across multiple partners, markets and products
- You will develop the book of business by creating & regularly updating individual partner strategies & utilize your own understanding of partners business issues, objectives & opportunities for growth
- You will build strong internal relationships to support our team goals and in particular work closely with the partnered Account Manager to drive new revenue growth
- Be a leader, by taking ownership on challenges and new initiatives you encounter
- Share and support implementation of best practices across teams and regions
- Work closely with a team of Account Managers & Operations to maximize the revenue generation opportunity, by on-boarding the right fit of partners and products to drive the teams overall strategy
- You will prepare & present engaging talks for trade shows, seminars & conferences to achieve business development objectives
- Uncover novel & actionable ideas that position TripAdvisor partners business to meet KPIs driving incremental investment and partner bookings
Who you are/what you have:
- Hunter mentality with a deep and consistent proven track record in successful business development initiatives in a B2B environment including: territory planning, client prospecting, pipeline and activity management, deal management, sales closing and contract development
- Experience in negotiating at C-Level, using your eye for business to make deals that are for the benefit of the business
- Ability to use data to build a compelling story to influence internally and externally
- Solid experience of analyzing, structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals in a team environment and using CRM systems for pipeline/activity management
- Attested ability to build a wide variety of business relationships (internal/external)
- Collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying economic metrics involved in strategic partnerships
- Attested experience in learning from failure, having the ability to pivot quickly and act on opportunities that arise from discovery
- Travel background preferred: online travel agency, B2B, hotel supplier sales/account management
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiation skills
- You are creative, proactive and self-motivated, compelling and executive level eye for business
- Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done
- Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with an ability to be creative, take initiative and take calculated risks
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that affect industry and organization
- Team-player; able to build unquestioning relationships and deliver on time
- Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Fluent in English and Spanish - other European languages a plus
- Travel required: 20-25%
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Why join us:
TripAdvisor Media Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's largest travel website, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
TripAdvisor is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.