CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
We are seeking a NPI Manufacturing Engineer to play a key role within the hardware team. In this role, you will collaborate with cross functional teams from the product conception, product development, and product production phases. You will ensure that the product development team follows best practices and that hardware products are designed for manufacturability (DFM), high quality and reliability, and within cost target.
- Support product development with prototyping, product builds, and performance evaluations
- Provide product and process DFM feedback to product development team
- Create efficient manufacturing workflow, process, and work instructions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure products meet design specifications
- Create and maintain accurate BOMs through product development phases
- Design and validate assembly fixture and tools as needed to support product development
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOEs) to validate manufacturing and assembly processes
- Support product builds, production ramp, and resolve manufacturing issues
- Establish manufacturing process standards Control Plan, develop on-going quality check processes, SPC control charts, and product quality tests
- Validation of product performance, as well as drive product yield and cost reduction activities
- Lead product continuous improvement activities such as cycle time, cost, and sourcing
- 20% domestic or international travel to work with vendors and manufacturing partners
- 3+ years of experience in NPI Manufacturing and Hardware Product development
- BS or MS in Textile, Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of electromechanical or automation systems
- Experience with AutoCad, Solidworks, Altium or similar tools
- Statistical analysis knowledge and experience with Minitab or Excel
- Consumer Products Manufacturing experience
- Good communication skills
- Factory bring up in textile industry experience a plus
- Automation and robotics experiences a plus
Working at CreateMe:
- Be a part of a community and take part in our lunch'n learns and team outings
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our flexible Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.