Welcome to Mimecast, we are a highly accredited and multi award winning global cyber resilience SaaS vendor on a mission to stop bad things happening to good organisations.
We provide cyber security that helps thousands of organizations worldwide make email safer, restore trust and bolster cyber resilience. Mimecast helps organizations stand strong in the face of cyberattacks, human error and technical failure.
The NetOps team breathes life into Mimecast's state-of-the-art network and ensures our customers’ messages travel rapidly and reliably from point A to B. Our team is invested in day to day high level triage and exciting projects pushing next gen tech into our complex network layer. The Mimecast NetOps team is responsible for operating and maintaining the global network that provides the platform for Mimecast’s cloud services. We manage the full network lifecycle from the architecture & design stages through to implementation and operations, which is made possible by the excellence of Mimecast Engineers, who possess a broad and technically advanced skillset.NetOps Team
About the role:
As a member of Mimecast’s NetOps team, contribute to the network architecture and design within a global cloud service provider, and participate in the maintenance and operation of the network, with a focus on providing intelligent, scalable and maintainable automated solutions.
The ideal candidate is someone who is experienced working in a large-scale enterprise network or global cloud service provider network, with a good understanding of networking principals and concepts. They should also ideally be comfortable working in a Linux environment, and have some exposure to scripting and using configuration management and automation tools such as SVN, GitLab, and Ansible. As someone who lives and breathes networking, they will possess a good awareness of the network and communications ecosystem and of emerging technologies.
Mimecast is growing at a rapid rate, and the new member of the NetOps team will play an instrumental role in a number of exciting network projects to allow the network grow along with Mimecast. Some of the projects you will help with include the migration to 100Gbps spine-leaf architecture, new DC builds, implementation of a unified automation framework based on infrastructure-as-code principals, and the development and expansion of our edge network.
- Provide end-to-end network engineering support, management and maintenance for the Mimecast network estate.
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to define Network requirements in order achieve organisational objectives.
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners in order to maintain and continue to improve the network.
- Always look to create efficiencies through the implementation scalable and intelligent network solutions.
Minimum required skills and experience:
- Experience working with a large-scale enterprise network or cloud service provider network.
- Strong knowledge of and working experience with network routing, switching and firewalling.
- Experience with AWS networking (direct connects, transit gateways, etc).
- Good conceptual understanding of and experience working with datacentre Firewalls.
- Good understanding of advanced networking principals and concepts, including in-depth knowledge of common protocols such as Ethernet, IP (v4 and v6), TCP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, and HTTPS.
- In-depth understanding of and experience working with BGP.
- Ability to perform in-depth analysis of network performance and application issues using standard diagnostics tools.
- Hands on experience with standard network monitoring and metrics tools such as Graphite & Grafana, Nagios, Rancid, etc.
- Proficient working with Linux, preferably with CentOS/RHEL-based distributions.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Python and Bash.
- Experience using configuration managements tools such as Git and SVN.
- Knowledge of DC networking technologies such as MLAG, VPC, & EVPN.
- Working knowledge of network automation frameworks such as Ansible.
- Experience using and integrating DCIM applications, such as NetBox, with automation frameworks.
- Good understanding of the Internet landscape including Providers, Peering, Internet Exchanges, and experience working with Internet Registries (such as RIPE).
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package, please speak with the Talent Acquisition Team at Mimecast to learn more about our rewards and benefits.
Check us out here too…
• StackOverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/mimecast
• Global office virtual tour: https://vimeo.com/456651589
• Software Engineering blog: https://medium.com/mimecast-engineering
• Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mimecast
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.