The Vertical Discovery Experience (VDX) team develops a deep understanding of the full Wayfair catalog of products, across stores, to support the delivery of world class end-to-end customer experiences that instill confidence and inspire. VDX strengthens how Wayfair builds and customizes verticalized customer experiences, by embedding catalog and store expertise into every facet of building world class customer experiences.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and analytical VDX Manager for our Plumbing, Lighting, Hardware vertical. The VDX team within Wayfair acts as the voice of the customer within the customer-facing organization by developing deep catalog, store, and competitor expertise. By understanding the customer needs, the VDX Manager will work with Storefront Product Managers and stakeholders to build a best-in-class online shopping experience catered to the unique needs of their customer. This includes conducting research to establish best-in-class vision perspectives throughout the catalog, leveraging primary and secondary customer and competitor research methods. The VDX manager will also work with their team to saturate and refresh class standards and features to ensure the shopping experience is up-to-date and properly leverages the available front-end tools to drive customer confidence.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This is a unique opportunity to advocate for the needs of our customers and serve as the go-to person for insight on vertical customer experience perspectives.
What You'll Do
- Manage, coach and develop a team
- Define, design and drive roadmaps for your vertical in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
- Drive improvements to the customer and shopping experience through the development and implementation of strategic tests (including competitor research) and cross-functional projects that will improve the customer experience and drive an increased conversion rate and revenue growth
- Analyze site metrics, customer research, competitors and related data to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience, formulating concrete roadmaps in partnership with Storefront Product Managers to drive measurable change
- Collaborate with various teams on projects to drive completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points
- Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout Wayfair, acting as a member of the broader single threaded team within your vertical and act as an advocate for the end-to-end customer experience, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
What You'll Need
- Passion for enabling best-in-class functional and engaging customer experiences
- Organized, process-oriented, and the talent to multitask in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Excellent communication, leadership, and culture building skills
- Comfortable working with data sets and making data-driven decisions; experience collecting data a plus
- Able to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions
- Quickly learn the necessary technical tools in order to coach and develop your team. Experience with Excel, Google BigQuery and/or SQL is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.