The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You'll Do:
- Develop state-of-the-art motion planning algorithms and software to ensure the vehicle navigates safely and smoothly.
- Interface with perception and prediction components upstream and trajectory optimization and tracking & control components downstream
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of motion planning and prediction algorithms
- Develop a variety of algorithms on planning for autonomous driving, including but not limited to search-based methods, sampling-based methods, optimization-based methods, linear-temporal logic, and decision making under uncertainty.
- Guide and mentor junior team members to develop a culture of product focused engineering, research, and development.
- Develop and support motion planning algorithms from ground up all the way to deployment on autonomous vehicles
What You'll Bring:
- PhD degree in Robotics, EE, CE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proven impact and expertise in the robotics / autonomous vehicle field.
- 3+ years of research experience in robotics / motion planning
- 3+ years of C++ software development
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation through implementation and deployment
- Thirst for knowledge and continuous innovation