On our Motion Planning Controls team, you'll apply your passion in robotics and software development for production-ready autonomous vehicles. In this role you'll perform ground breaking research, conduct design processes, and implement performance-critical algorithms to generate safe, comfortable, and intuitive autonomous vehicle behaviors across Motionals fleet of robotaxis.
- Develop state-of-the-art motion control and trajectory optimization formulation to ensure vehicle autonomously navigates safely and smoothly
- Integrate and evaluate combinations of trajectory optimization and tracking algorithms
- Design and build robust and scalable software codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Collaborate with upstream decision/behavior planning and prediction and downstream motion tracking algorithms.
- Leverage modern development toolchains including testing, simulation, and continuous integration, to enable rapid development cycles.
- Actively contribute to technical team discussions on new features and formulation improvements and bring new ideas
- Contributes to building features by writing high quality code independently
- Review code under mentorship of senior team members
- Investigate on-road performance with root cause analysis and in-depth bug finding.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of C++ software development
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree preferred in Robotics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with Model Predictive Control (MPC), state estimation, robust control, vehicle dynamics, and simulation environments
- Understanding of numerical optimization algorithms (interior point method, sequential quadratic programming, etc)
- Experience with optimization solvers (IPOPT, Gurobi, etc)
- Past experience owning and leading technical development on features from problem formulation, algorithm design, through implementation
- Knowledge of python is a bonus
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors including but not limited to specific skills, experience and expertise, role location, certifications, licenses, and business needs. The estimated compensation range listed in this job posting reflects base salary only. This role may include additional forms of compensation such as a bonus or company equity. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Candidates for certain positions are eligible to participate in Motional’s benefits program. Motional’s benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, health saving accounts, life insurance, pet insurance, and more.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.