Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. Were hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video is the worlds most compelling, exciting medium, and Brightcove exists to demonstrate that video means business.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
About This Role
Brightcove is looking for an exceptional person to head up our Americas Mid Market and Commercial teams, reporting directly to our SVP of Sales, Americas. This team will focus on accounts that have <$500M in annual revenue, including new business and expansion of our 2500+ existing accounts, and high growth tech unicorns. This leader will guide approximately 10+ individual contributors, one first-line manager, one-team lead, and have responsibility for 100% of our product portfolio. This is an incredible opportunity for someone to step into a 2nd line leadership role.
The ideal candidate has a record of success in leading and motivating a team of sellers, delivering or exceeding revenue goals and has a background with inside and outside sales within the enterprise SaaS platform sales industry. Transaction sizes range from $10k-$200k ARR and are sold to line-of-business (Marketing, Corporate Communications, eCommerce, etc) as well as IT (Centralized Video Platform).
- Execute against sales goals by driving pipeline growth and new logo acquisitions from enterprise accounts
- Hire, develop, motivate, and retain a high-performance Mid Market and Commercial sales team
- Manage and own sales planning and forecasting, territory and quota planning and measurement of inside KPI sales metrics
- Directly support sales calls to major accounts and escalations
- Drive territory growth through up-selling/cross selling existing customers
- Implement and reinforce sales and product training and methodology
- Work with individual sales reps on territory planning and execution
- Accurately manage an on-going sales pipeline across the team for forecasting purposes
- Work with marketing to drive pipeline growth
- Work closely with Global Services team to develop overall customer success strategy
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around the use of the Brightcove platform
Travel expectation is 25%
- 5+ years of managing sales professionals in Saas
- Knowledge of sales management & analytics technologies (Salesforce, Engagio, Gong, Insight Squared, Marketo, Conversica, etc)
- Strong leadership and people management skills to develop and lead high performance professionals as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to partner cross functionally, building strong
- Ability to interface with product and engineering to synthesize customer needs and feedback
- BA/BS in sales, business management or related field. MBA is a plus
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as generous PTO - and we expect you to use it!
We offer flexible options to work in our Boston office located in Fort Point harbor, remotely or in a hybrid set up (only exceptions are the roles that MUST work a certain way which we are finalizing soon). Whichever option you choose, we have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove and more to come!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Please note that while this job description is an accurate description of the role, it is also subject to change during the course of this search.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!