Chewy is looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Merchandising Analytics Team based in Boston, MA or Plantation, FL. In this role, the Analytics Manager will directly support our team in delivering scalable KPI reports and dashboards that will play a critical role in the day-to-day business operations and decision making of Chewys Category Managers and senior leaders. This role will require a balanced skillset that includes business performance reporting and strategy (retail experience preferred but not required), database analysis through advanced SQL, and the ability to convey actionable insights through data visualization and BI tools. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data and BI and partner with analysts, data engineers, and the category management team to anticipate data infrastructure needs and proactively build solutions that fuel data driven insights. In this role your key responsibilities will include:
- Refine Chewys reporting and data visualization environment and develop dashboard strategies to reinvent the way our stakeholders consume and analyze data
- Partner with key stakeholders across Category Management and BI teams to source, document, and translate user requirements into an actionable analytics roadmap with a bias towards business value creation
- Work directly with Merchandising Analytics analysts to constantly improve the end user experience of our reporting environment and ensure that data visualization best practices are effectively applied across the entire reporting suite
The ideal candidate will have balanced skills in both business strategy and technical analysis, experience with retrieving and analyzing data sets with millions of records and proficiency in SQL, Excel and Tableau. They will also have proven experience with creating metrics across a variety of business disciplines that promote data driven decision making. In addition to a strong analytics background, this individual will have the ability to apply data visualization techniques that present abstract and complex topics in a clear and concise manner.
What you'll do:
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to enhance reporting and to build out self-service dashboards and data visualizations
- Manage cross-functional initiatives, including defining KPIs and reporting needs, with finance, sales, data analytics, IT, Category Management, and other teams
- Partner with business leaders and report end-users to continuously improve the data visualization and reporting experience and ensure that KPIs are both actionable and insightful
- Perform complex analyses on customer behavior, marketing mix, financial performance, and funnel performance by leveraging data sets with millions of records from multiple systems
- Partner with stakeholders to construct and prioritize product release roadmaps using JIRA, Confluence, and other workflow management and documentation tools
What you'll need:
- Bachelors degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or a related degree with analytical emphasis
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to convey complex topics in salient, actionable terms
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environments with speed and commitment to quality
- Experience leading insight and analysis projects from briefing stage through delivery
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey a broad range of financial and business-related concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working directly with business analysts or business sponsors to gather and validate functional requirements and translate to report design specifications.
- 3+ years of advanced Tableau or PowerBI experience, including sourcing data directly from DBMS servers (Vertica, Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, etc), using complex table functions, dynamic filters and parameters, and optimizing end user experience through effective dashboard design
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL, Excel, and statistics
- High degree of proficiency executing complex and large-scale data analyses across millions of records
- Superior attention to detail and experience creating mechanisms to monitor data integrity
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Business Intelligence experience building tools in an Ecommerce or retail setting
- Business Management experience with an emphasis on financial management, sales, or marketing/ecommerce
- Advanced technical skills using Python, R, Knime, VBA, PowerQuery, PowerPivot, or other advanced analytics applications
- Masters or equivalent advanced academic degree
- Working understanding of Financial KPIs and P&L statement
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.