Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
The Director, Clinical Operations Strategy role requires a deep understanding of the global MedTech clinical operations space and the associated eClinical applications used in the conduct of clinical trials including eTMF, CTMS, and other digital trials systems.
This role will be responsible for growing Veevas R&D market share directly via the small-and-medium-sized MedTech industry (SMB) and also by building strong sponsor/partner relationships.
In this role, the individual will have the opportunity to work with a team of MedTech industry and technology A-players, who, together, are bringing the next generation of clinical development and R&D applications to the life sciences industry.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for growing and sustaining the clinical SMB market for the Vault R&D applications including eTMF, CTMS, Payments, etc.
- Support thought leadership and market directly to SMB
- Use SMB relationships to ensure customer success
- Consult with SMB customers on how to leverage Vault to transform business operations
- Provide thought leadership and sales support to teams in driving new opportunities in the SMB market
- Provide business and technology guidance to the product team in support of new or enhanced features and functionality in Clinical Operations applications
- Develop strategy and messaging for customer adoption of new features and functionality for new and existing customer bases
- Sales and consulting
- Understanding of the SMB market and dynamics
- Coordinate resources across the customer lifecycle from sales to delivery and beyond
- Presenting at industry conferences, leading webinars, and authoring articles for industry publications
- Other special clinical projects as assigned
- Direct experience with clinical operational tasks, clinical operation applications, and/or GCP compliance as it pertains to clinical trial conduct in the MedTech industry
- 5+ years experience working within or for the clinical area of life sciences company or CRO with eClinical solutions, content management, and/or CTMS or eTMF technologies
- Proven ability to innovate across business processes and technology solutions
- Ability to hold meaningful conversations with heads of clinical operations and IT regarding the eClinical applications and their use within clinical operational execution
- Understanding of global MedTech development, clinical trial process, ICH/GCP guidelines
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and presentations
Nice to Have
- 2+ years experience working for an eClinical or content management software company
- 3+ years experience heavily working with eTMF and/or CTMS technologies
- Proven track record of thought leadership through industry presentations, publications, or other mechanisms
- Experience selling software and/or services to MedTech organizations
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].