We are seeking an experience software engineer to lead the design and implementation of PLC and PC hardware-level software for new integrated robotic systems. This person will be part of our engineering team, and work on core mechatronics control and integration software.
We are looking for a person who is:
- Passionate and customer focused.
- Thoughtful, fast, and disciplined about execution.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work independently and part of a team when needed.
- Interested in exploring and pushing the boundaries of material-handling robotics.
Here is a bit of what you will do:
- Lead design and implementation of PLC and PC hardware-level software for new integrated robotic systems.
- Participate in selection, prototyping, and initial design of new sensing and actuation systems (e.g. barcode scanners, beam-breaks, pressure sensors, force sensors, etc.).
- Participate in generating documentation and APIs of software for customer engineering interfacing.
- Troubleshoot early-stage and early-production design and functionality problems.
- Travel to customer and other sites (up to 20% travel).
- Technical degree (Bachelor's or Master's)
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in robotics or automation relevant field with PLC and PC software application development.
- Fundamental understanding of best-practices in automation electrical and software design.
- Familiarity using Linux operating system.
- Experience with Siemens or Rockwell PLC programming environments.
- Experience with python programming or comparable language.
- Ability to read electrical reference design documents and make simple connections.
- Well versed in the use of electrical measurement devices (e.g. oscilloscope, multimeter).
- Experience with material-handling or related warehouse automation equipment including conveyor systems, robot arms, photo-eyes, proximity sensors, VFD drives, barcode scanners, safety controllers.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical hardware involving 220-480v devices & standards.
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art automation protocols (ASi, Ethernet/IP, IO-Link).
- VCS (Git)
- Issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Messaging systems (gRPC, ROS, Kafka).
More Jobs From