WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast-growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
As part of Hydrows Hardware and Production team, your primary focus will be to reduce cost / increase margin while you will work closely with the rest of the team to support production in Asia, product improvements, and quality improvements.
For reference, our rowers are made up of a complex collection of components including: Injection molded plastic parts, die cast aluminum parts, steel and aluminum extrusions and weldments, bearings, clutches, drivetrains, electronics, encoders, and eddy current brakes.
In order to be successful in this role you must be hands-on, internally driven and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identifying and implementing cost reductions for our current products. Some items may come from resolving issues impacting our customers, production lines, or field service personnel.
- Supporting a mix of ongoing product improvements and production efforts in the US and Asia.
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues found in production and in the field.
- Working collaboratively with a number of cross-functional teams - engineering, manufacturing, quality, customer support, field service, product management, and marketing.
- Assisting with other development efforts as they arise.
- Traveling periodically to manufacturing locations in Asia as needed.
- Periodic evening calls with our partners in Asia.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with hardware products in fitness, consumer or medical device space.
- Experience driving down cost in existing products in production.
- Experience with design or products utilizing injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, or casting.
- Experience working with remotely located contract manufacturers in Asia or Mexico.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
- 3D CAD Skills, ideally in Solidworks.
- Hands-on skills and comfortable working with everyday hand tools, power tools, some machine equipment.
- Experience with Arena or other PLM system (preferred, but not required)
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, data-driven, documentation, and process skills.
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills.
- Commitment to meeting production deadlines without compromising quality.
- Ability to take the perspective of the end consumer and/or end service technician during design and analysis.
- Must be willing to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside of your job description.
REPORTS TO: Chief Production Officer
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
* COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Hydrow requires anyone working onsite to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested, reviewed, and approved.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.