: Mechanical Designer - Detailer
This role will work closely with the overall engineering team to detail and document new and existing designs per BG, ASME, and other applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Work closely with the overall engineering team to detail and document new and existing designs per BG, ASME, and other applicable industry standards and specifications.
- Assist the engineering and Operations teams with generating Engineering Change Orders, (ECO)s, and processing ECOs to release items into production.
- Assist the engineering team with timely transmittal of released documentation to Operations.
- Review and update designs in Solidworks.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 3D and 2D design/drawing package, preferably SolidWorks 18 or higher.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks PDM, PDM-Pro preferred.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14 drafting standards and machine shop/manufacturing processes including GD&T.
- Significant experience detailing and documenting complex electro-mechanical designs.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Design knowledge using plastics and metals.
- Experience with low volume production processes.
- Knowledge of DFM/A, Six Sigma, and statistical tolerance analysis.
- Experience with Altium and how to move design detail between ME and EE tools.
- Knowledge of/experience with Omnify PLM database.
- Knowledge of/experience with NetSuite ERP system.
More Jobs From