Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, and wild-caught Alaskan salmon directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to create a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for amazing people to join our mission!
About the Role
We’re looking for a Meat Procurement Specialist to add to our growing Procurement team. You’ll support the day to day administrative and clerical activities of our Procurement team to ensure our members have access to high quality meat and seafood products.
What You'll Do
- Actively resolve day-to-day procurement issues
- Issue and maintain all meat purchase orders to fulfillment centers
- Manage weekly inventory levels across multiple fulfillment centers, including reducing storage costs and optimizing inventory turnover
- Oversee both raw material and finished goods inventory with suppliers
- SKU management (creation, maintenance, optimization)
- Work with Pricing on product availability to keep all SKUs in balance
- Continually look for and suggest opportunities for process improvement
- At least 1 year of purchasing experience
- Strong interest in meat and seafood procurement
- Proven communication and negotiation skills
- Extremely detail oriented, especially with numbers
- Self-starter with an eagerness to learn and grow, suggest changes, and challenge the status quo
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- A very supportive team, a culture of "do your job" autonomy, and access to all levels of the organization
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, and life insurance)
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employee stock options
- Subsidized gym and commuter benefits
- Unlimited time off policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Free ButcherBox each month
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From