Fortify is a dynamic venture-backed 3D printing startup with a passionate team of engineers and business professionals who are at the forefront of bringing new technologies to market. Founded in 2016 and located in Boston, Fortifys team is transforming the 3D printing industry with its patented DCM (Digital Composite Manufacturing) platform, enabling new material properties and components which can't be made using other additive or traditional manufacturing processes. Fortify was recently recognized as one of the BostonInno companies on Fire by Boston Business Journal and featured in Forbes. To learn more about Fortify visit, www.3DFortify.com.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for an engineering technician to join our dynamic, growing, applications focused team. Our next team member will lead print execution, assist with data collection, implement best practice post-processing, and assist with material scale-up. Your technical skills and attention to detail will contribute to establishing best practice workflows across the end-to-end pipeline of Fortify technologies. You will be a key team member on an energetic and dedicated group of engineers tasked with unlocking our highest potential applications. You will report directly to the Director of Materials and Process Engineering, closely collaborate with our applications and operations teams, and be located at our Boston HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the materials and process engineering team, execute both standard and experimental prints
- Implement best practice post-processing workflows on printed parts
- Own data collection for surface profilometry, mechanical testing, optical microscopy and other characterization techniques
- Assist in transitioning bench scale material innovations to the pilot scale
- Drive best practice documentation and standard operating procedure creation
Skills and Experiences:
- 2+ years of technician experience in a technical engineering or industry environment
- General familiarity with operating analytical equipment
- Adept at handling, mixing, and creating materials
- B.S., B.A., and/or highly relevant experience in chemical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or related field
- Willingness to independently drive towards clarity in an ambiguous and cross-functional environment
- Superior teammate, collaborator, communicator, and teacher
- Detail oriented and highly reliable approach to data collection and documentation
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Critical thinker that challenges status quo
- Experience with document control
Highly Desirable Attributes:
- Familiarity with DLP 3D printing technology
- Working knowledge of 3D printing post-processing workflows
- Comfortable interfacing materials technology with state of the art hardware and software
- Affinity to contribute to creation of intellectual property, including patent.
- A real desire to meaningfully contribute to environmental, health, and safety efforts at Fortify
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity stake in a fast-growing business
- Premium Medical and Dental
- FSA and Commuter Benefits available
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO/WFH Policies
- Participation in bringing game changing technology to the world
Please note that benefits will be different for hourly positions.
Our offices are located in the heart of Charlestown within Hood Park and directly next to the Hood milk stack. The park is currently undergoing a major transformation to include retail, dining, and green space (check out the plans https://hoodpark.com/).
Think you have what it takes, but dont check every box? Please apply anyway! Lets chat you could bring just the perspective we needed.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.