Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Embarks Professional Services team is dedicated to helping dog breeders incorporate genetic health testing into their breeding programs. Doing so supports the long-term health and diversity of breed populations and promotes ethical breeding practices. The Embark for Breeders DNA Test also provides useful information to puppy buyers to help them provide lifelong care to their dog.
As the Event Coordinator on the Professional Services team, you will field inquiries from hundreds of organizations across the country and around the world and manage Embarks grassroots events program. Youll also support Embarks flagship annual programs including sponsoring the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show and Embarks Canine Health Summit. This is a unique opportunity to lead an important area of Embarks breeder business, and directly make a difference in the lives of dogs everywhere.
What youll do:
- Field all inbound inquiries to Embarks Breeder business including requests to attend events, give presentations, donate kits, provide discounts, and more
- Manage Embarks events calendar for the breeder audience - what shows we attend, presentations we give, and the associated collateral required for each
- Own event execution for a variety in person and digital events including, and support management of national sponsorships and international conferences. These include Embarks sponsorship of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show and Embarks annual Canine Health Summit
- Own quarterly lead-gen KPIs for prospect acquisition and sales conversion from events channel
- Report on ROI of Embark events channel
- Manage event-related communications to all internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient event preparation and execution
What experience were looking for:
- 2+ years experience managing complex schedules and coordinating multiple activities and stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Marketing or communications degree, or similar professional experience
- Strong administrative skills, with experience in managing budgets and event timelines
- Strongly preferred: Experience working tradeshows in either a B2B or B2C setting
- Prior online event tech management experience preferred
- Desire to work in fast paced, results oriented environment with occasional travel opportunities throughout the year
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.