Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; youll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What youll do:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Director for Los Angeles. In this position, you will drive the success of our brand and business, by building and scaling Starrys local subscriber marketing efforts. Reporting to the SVP of Sales, you will be responsible for the approach to marketing in the Los Angeles market from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and execute Starrys city marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, and ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships
- Plan and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement test and learn programs across all programs with teams
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally, and behaviorally)
- Develop plan to acquire new customers/ subscribers in the Los Angeles market through sales & marketing channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Drive ongoing initiatives to foster a community; convert and engage new subscribers
- Develop and implement a robust marketing plan for pre-launch and launch of the market
- Oversee management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts
- Adapt national marketing programs to ensure success at a local level
- Manage local social media, including Facebook and new channels
- BA or BS degree required
- 7+ years experience
- Experience managing a marketing team
- Experience with acquisition marketing and demand gen
- Field and event marketing background
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.