America’s Test Kitchen is looking for a Marketing Data Scientist who will report to the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and will work primarily in support of America's Test Kitchen CRM initiative. The Marketing Data Scientist will provide analytical support related to user growth & content, help implement marketing strategy using modeling, segmentation, targeting, & forecasting, and create meaningful presentations & analyses that tell a 'story' focused on insights, not just data.
You will serve as the subject matter expert for statistical design and methodology to meet information needs, responsible for building and leading predictive analytics projects, and for delivering standard and custom studies. You should be passionate about finding insights in datasets, synthesizing & communicating results, and driving practical business impact.
- Analyze and model internal and external data using advanced statistical theories and methods.
- Implement algorithms to address business needs.
- Complete implementation of and optimize the existing CRM marketing strategy and optimize current procedures.
- Lead creation and execution of predictive analytics program.
- Determine what internal and external data is needed to answer specific CRM marketing questions or problems.
- Determine more efficient methods for finding or collecting data.
- Leverage intellectual curiosity to explore and mine data.
- Develop experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Develop models to inform the business, product, and process improvements.
- Collaborates with internal teams, clients, and third-party vendors on innovative projects throughout the entire development lifecycle, including design and findings.
- Support initiatives from concept to launch, and check and adjust models in production.
- Present data analysis to departments heads to inform the business strategy.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment focused on team results.
- Experienced and skilled at communicating complex concepts in a straightforward manner to a non-technical audience.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication, business acumen and presentation skills.
- Understand how elements of a business affect each other and are able to communicate with all areas of an organization.
- Excel at analytical problem solving and, visualization., and decision making skills
- Continue to learn, evaluate and recommend new techniques, software or systems.
- Are self-motivated with a demonstrated thoroughness, follow-up and attention to detail.
- Are not easily discouraged with legacy data structures.
- Keep a positive attitude towards business problems, to continue to work towards findings.
- Set priorities and makes adjustments to reach goals across multiple projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 plus years of work experience involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- 2 plus years of work experience in marketing analytics, preferably for subscription or retail companies
- Degree in Applied Math, Economics, Statistics Engineering, Computer Science or other quantitative field. (MS or PhD preferred)
- Advanced training in statistical techniques such as: predictive modeling, multidimensional segmentation, factor analysis, lifetime value determinations, logistic regression, CHAID analysis, latent class, multinomial logistic regression, fractional factorial test design, ARIMA and PDL
- Strong knowledge of experimental/test design
- Expertise in SQL and other programming languages
- Expertise in Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with SAS, R or other statistical programming languages/software
- Experience with Python or other programming language
- Working knowledge of survey design and analysis procedures with familiarity of survey tools
- Working knowledge of Web Trends, Omniture and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of social media and social listening tools